GOALS: To help families gain affordable access to healthy foods.
- Identify community “Food Deserts” and connect appropriate resources.
- Connect community members with service providers who work to end hunger in Wake County.
Project Priorities – 3/28/2019
- Increase the number of Summer Feeding Open Sites in the Raleigh North Central Zone
- Develop more Community Gardens and education the community on their benefit.
- Unify Service Providers and Faith-based organizations to help address barriers.
- Develop a community presentation to educate new partners.
- Develop Awareness Education Programs:
- Determine appropriate tools and level of information that will effectively help those who are food secure to help those who are not food secure.
- Create opportunities to share information and resources, for example in churches, through forums, boards, developers, etc.
- Identify new partners and broaden communities.
- Recruit ambassadors to help provide information about food security to the community.
Participating Organizations to Date 3/28/19
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
- Raleigh Police Department – Community Liaison
- The Carying Place
- Wake County – Human Services, Millbrook Office
- Wake County – Summer Food Program/Middle Class Express