Human Trafficking and Abuse
The general public is largely in the dark about Human Trafficking in North Carolina. Consequently, there are also scant resources and little education arming families against this growing threat in our community.
- Educate the public about human trafficking in Wake County.
- Develop strategies for preventing victimization.
- Establish supportive community services for aftercare.
Some ideas for this roundtable include:
- Create public awareness presentations about sexploitation, labor trafficking, and abuse to educate Wake County residents on what we should be most concerned about, the signs of exploitation, and how each of us can get involved. They will also increase community awareness about Human Trafficking, including local trends, danger zones, personal defense, and where to get help.
- Establish a team of community members that can present to the community.
- Develop anti-trafficking strategies, policies, and programs in local schools and organizations to prevent victimization.
Project Priorities – 5/23/2019
- Recruit speakers and resources for an educational event to raise awareness and rally support in the private and faith sectors. Event is CONFIRMED for August 29, 2019 at Crossroads Fellowship Church.
- Market and plan the event.
Project Priorities – 3/28/2019
- Identify speakers/resources: congregations, civic organizations, community events, and volunteers for testimonies.
- Identify resources for aftercare – trauma, basic needs supplies such as food, clothing, financial support, etc.
- Eckerd Connects
- Fiesta Cristiana
- We Stand Guard
- And Advocate Volunteers