To open access to services for immigrants and refugees experiencing barriers due to culture, language, and/or citizenship.
Efforts may be most effective working in collaboration with the Equitable Access Roundtable as many of these tasks align.
- Identify and recruit service providers specific to immigrant and refugee challenges.
- Raise public awareness about the needs of immigrants and refugees in Wake County (congregations, civic, and professional associations).
- Recruit multi-lingual volunteers for community outreach.
Project Priorities – 3/28/2019
- Help families connect with resources.
- Partner with congregations to help open opportunities for accessing ESL services (work and family conflicts).
- Tutor and advocate, alongside parents, for children not meeting grade performance expectations in school.
- Develop language-specific presentations about work and housing related rights (safety, discrimination).
- Council on Immigrant Relations
- Justice Matters