GOALS: To support the Community Partner Network and raise awareness among its participating organizations about the legal services afforded to vulnerable populations in Wake County.
OPPORTUNITIES: Provision of information and appropriate response/connection to legal services for clients:
- With child support payments
- Rights pertaining to employment opportunities, housing (with children, a record, bad credit, eviction).
- DMV restoration
- Child protection signs and actions
- Restraining orders (When to consider and how to initiate
Project Priorities – 5/23/2019
- Identify legal service providers in the county
- Recruit qualified attorneys and legal professionals to offer affordable legal assistance.
- Provide guidelines for cases that can be accepted and where to go to get help.
- Expand Second Chance Driving and Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) in Raleigh.
- Develop public involvement strategy.
- Open opportunities for family law.
Project Priorities – 3/28/2019
- Identify better ways to connect the legal community to the CPN.
- Open pipelines and connectivity for clients coming from the court system to CPN service providers.
- Advocate members of the NC Judicial Branch – General Court of Justice
- Legal Aid NC
- NC Advocates for Justice
- Wake County Public Defender’s Office