August 29, 2019
Human Trafficking: A Call for Community Action
Crimes of exploitation target the weak, the disconnected, the vulnerable, and particularly, people in crisis and poverty. It is here in Wake County. It is in our neighborhoods, our schools, and it is growing.
We HEARd FROM THE EXPERTS
- Salvation Army’s Project Fight Coordinator: Elizabeth Hunter, MAHS
- Salvation Army Case manager: Kathy Nunez
- NC Department of Administration’s, C.O.P.E. Human Trafficking Project Administrator: Kiricka Yarbough Smith
- World Relief – Triad’s Anti-Human Trafficking Outreach Specialist: Victoria Plybon
- US EEOC Enforcement Supervisor, Raleigh Office: Tonya Lennox
- Poe Center for Health and Education’s Substance Use Prevention Specialist: Jessica Jones, CSAC, LCAS-A
- FBI Special Agent assigned to the Fusion Center: Scott Bennett
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-624-7222
- SBI Special Agent In Charge of Human Trafficking, Carl Wall, and Intelligence Analyst, Ashley Burke
- Local Law Enforcement Representatives
- The elements of Human Trafficking.
- What the battle looks like from the national, statewide, and local perspectives.
- How the community and the CPN play an integral role in support and assistance.
- How you can join efforts to expand and strengthen the work already in progress at the local level.
- How you can help local agencies develop and facilitate connectivity to survivor assistance.