September 26, 2019
Mental Health 101 Training
This training, sponsored by Alliance Health raisee community awareness about mental health conditions, how to connect to services, and best practices.
We HEARd FROM ALLIANCE HEALTH
- Wendy Gantt, MA, LPC, Community Education Specialist for Alliance Health was our trainer.
Contact Wendy: wgantt@AllianceHealthPlan.org.
Alliance is willing to bring this presentation to your organization, faith community or civic group – just contact Wendy!
- The difference between “Mental Health” and “Mental Disorder”
- Facts about Mental Health in the USA (did you know that approximately 42 million American adults – or about 18% of the adult population – live with some kind of anxiety disorder?)
- The impact of mental disorders
- Common disorders in youth
- Signs of anxiety
- How to tell if someone needs help – are they considering killing themselves?
- What recovery looks like
- How to take care of ourselves as we deal with others in crisis.